A small triangle-shaped space across the street from the former St. Vincent’s Hospital has become the latest battleground in the contentious debate between community members and the owner of the property.
Rudin Management, which plans to turn the former hospital site into condominiums, recently presented a proposal to Greenwich Village’s Community Board 2 to overhaul the triangle park and set aside a small portion to commemorate St. Vincent’s role in the fight against AIDS. But some community residents are promoting an alternate design for what they’re calling AIDS Memorial Park.
- Living With HIV – and Finding Hope
- Workers Bid St. Vincent’s Goodbye
- School v. View in Bklyn Bridge Fight
- New Battle in Fight To Save Temple
- Iron Triangle May Lose Its Spice