- Published in: The Haitian Times
New York-reared lawyer Samyr Laine is determined to go to London and bring Haiti its first Olympic medal in 84 years. The 28-year-old triple jumper, who trains up to four hours a day, wants to help lift the spirits of a nation still recovering from the devastating 2010 earthquake. But funding may be a hurdle: The Haitian Olympic Committee is struggling to raise the remaining $300,000 needed to send Laine and his teammates to the Games.
- Board Game Store Roles the Dice
- Growing Hopes and Fears for Trees
- Haitian Jobs Program Faces Struggles
- Local Phelps Fans Split on Pot Pics
- Netball Bounces Into New York