- Published in: Mott Haven Herald
A longtime political operative and two other allies of the Bronx Democratic Party stand to benefit from a controversial plan to develop the site of a former community garden in Mott Haven, the Herald has learned.
In a deal that dates back to the days when Rudy Giuliani was mayor, the Bloomberg administration has continued to grant the three partners, who include the former counsel to the Bronx Democratic Committee, exclusive rights to develop the site on the land at the junction of 149th Street, Southern Boulevard and Prospect Avenue, according to city records.
- Stories Fill City’s Oldest Houses
- Fury Over Anti-Gay Killing Hits City
- Flea Market Loser in Aqueduct Deal
- Inside Brooklyn’s Bat Cave
- New Vision For Webster Avenue