- Published in: New York Daily News
Five years ago, while on his way home from school in the Bronx, then-10-year-old Julio Garcia noticed a group of teenagers in military uniform and wondered why they were marching.
Julio is now a staff sergeant with that group, the Washington Greys Military Cadets, which was started by the U.S. Army Junior Guard to help keep at-risk kids off the streets and instill the discipline and confidence they need to succeed in college.
- ‘Cash Mobs’ Help Local Shops
- Concern Over Lead-Tainted Medicines
- Crew Helps Girls Row to College
- Bearing Scars, Baghdad to Brooklyn
- David March