For decades, Russian has been the language most spoken in Brighton Beach. Jewish immigrants from the former Soviet Union found in the beachfront community of south Brooklyn – already populated by some 55,000 Holocaust survivors – a safe haven to start their new lives in America.
However, an influx of Pakistanis that started in the early 1990s is now poised to change the demographics of the neighborhood.
- Communities Create Wish Lists
- Churches Fight for Survival
- Hunger Strikers Unite For Tibet
- CD 1: The (Stein)Way of Life
- Brooklyn Bloggers Unite – Off-Line