This episode of 219West looks at a city still in the grips of racial tension and pandemic pain—even as signs of change emerge:
- A formerly incarcerated man copes with life in temporary hotel housing, along with thousands of other New Yorkers without permanent homes.
- In the South Bronx, neighbors are helping each other get connected and get vaccinated.
- Black Americans reeling from decades of trauma in seeing police kill people in their community react to a rare guilty verdict against an officer in the murder of George Floyd.
- In Queens, a Mexican restaurant is reopening.
- In Manhattan, a young dancer is preparing for the day when she can perform for an audience again.